No matter what your friends, family or even the experts say, tap water is never a safe option when it comes to drinking. You never know what else is accompanying your water on its journey inside your body. So, always make sure the water you are drinking is clean and free of impurities.
While water purifier is one of the options, the most viable one is to get a water filter pitcher that delivers same results at a much lesser cost. One of such budget-friendly water filter pitcher is from AmazonBasics that has been on a roll lately.
Let’s take a detailed look at its features, pros, and cons to find out if it actually works.
The AmazonBasics Water Filter Pitcher lets you enjoy awesome tasting water without being a burden on your pocket. This little pitcher efficiently eliminates the need for a proper water filtration system in every household with its adequate capacity and high level of usability.
The filter system in this pitcher effectively removes all the harmful components from your drinking water while holding an adequate amount of it. There are numerous other features associated with this pitcher as well. Let’s take a look at each one of them individually.
The filter jug and reservoir are constructed with strong BPA-free plastic, making it durable enough to endure a long-term use.The 10-cup or 80-ounce capacity of the pitcher is sufficient enough for a small to medium-sized family.
Unlike a lot of the other water filter jugs, the cleaning of this pitcher is a complete pushover. You can either wash it in a dishwasher or by hand using warm and soapy water. For the routine wash, the dishwasher will work just fine, and while replacing the cartridge, it’s best to hand wash it. Either way, make sure to never put the lid in the dishwasher due to the electric indicator built in it.
When the filter is unused, the indicator displays four bars, which gradually start vanishing one by one as the usage begins and increases. The disappearance of all four bars means the cartridge has served its life and it’s time to put in a new one.
The filter in the pitcher works impeccably towards the elimination of chlorine taste, smell, and the presence of other elements, such as copper, mercury, and benzene. It also removes the impact of limescale to improve the taste of the water.
- The pitcher is especially given an elongated shape so that it can easily fit in the door of almost any refrigerator model without any hassle.
- The life of the filter is 40 gallons that equal to an average life of two months.
- An automated filter change indicator is given on the top of the removable jug cover that notifies you when the filter’s life is over, and it needs a replacement.
- The removable lid also helps with easy and quick refilling of the jug that doesn’t take more than a few seconds.
- With its large and easy to grip holder, the handling of the pitcher becomes a doddle..
- The whole package contains the water jug, filter cartridge, and its lid.
- It also comes with a limited one-year warranty from the manufacturer.
- Affordable option with premium level features.
- Features a special oval-shaped design for easily fitting inside the fridge door.
- Value for money.
- Removes the taste and odor of chlorine and other metals.
- Comes with a limited one-year
- Very easy to clean and dishwasher safe.
- Features an electric filter change indicator on the lid.
- Enough capacity for families.
- Made of BPA free plastic.
- Durable construction.
- The lid is too tight, which makes its removal quite a headache.
- There is no option, other than removing the whole lid, for refilling the water.
- The filtration may take a little while, so you’ll have to show some patience.
- You will always have to leave a small amount of water in the pitcher to prevent the filter from drying.
The AmazonBasics Water Filter Pitcher offers way more than what it costs. The unique oval shaped design of the pitcher is slim enough to fit inside your fridge, yet it has enough capacity to accommodate 10 whole cups of water. The filter life of the pitcher is also pretty impressive as it can run up to 40 gallons without any problem.
The convenient design of the jug provides an ergonomic grip, especially its handle, which is both large and highly comfortable.
The pitcher also has an electric filter change indicator integrated into its lid that keeps showing you the remaining life of the filter. Moreover, the pitcher is pretty low maintenance and very easy to clean, making it a must-have for every household.
The comparison of AmazonBasics water filter pitcher with other prevalent models, such as Brita Everyday, shows that performance-wise, it is nothing less than a high-end water filter pitcher. Both of the pitchers offer same capacity and water taste after filtration, but with a major price difference.
The filter eliminates a higher number of contaminants, even limescale, which is a feature not every budget filter pitcher offers. The lid of the pitcher fits nice and tight, unlike the Pur 18 cup water dispenser, which doesn’t stay put. It is even much easier to clean than many other models.
It will be an overstatement to say this is the absolute best water filter jug, but it certainly belongs to that clan.
Finally, it all boils down to the efficiency and convenience of the product in comparison to its worth. In this particular case, we are glad to admit that it shows just the right combination of everything that is needed in a good quality water filter pitcher.
The special design, capacity, filter life, material, construction quality and above all, its high level of affordability make it an ideal option for everyone. We particularly love it because it offers the same quality and performance as the other popular pitchers do, but without costing you an arm and a leg.
We strongly recommend it to all of you who have been planning to get a water filter jug. It surely will make a nice and healthy addition to your home.
Last update on 2018-08-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API