In the past, humans need not worry about the safety of drinking water because it was always always guaranteed that their water sources are clean. However, because of industrialization and development, our water sources have become contaminated, and we have to think of ways to treat water so that it is safe for human consumption.
A lot of countries have their own water treatment facilities so that their citizens can enjoy safe drinking water at all times. However, in poor or developing countries, this is a luxury. In fact, there are still places that don’t have safe drinking water. This is the reason why there are still a lot of cases related to gastrointestinal issues, which could have been prevented by filtering water. The good thing, though, is that a lot of organizations are making efforts so that each person in the world can have safe drinking water.
On the other hand, most people who have the means buy their own filter systems for their homes do not need to be concerned about their water safety. Others choose to just buy distilled or mineral water for their consumption. However, individuals who love to go camping, backpacking, hiking, and other outdoor activities cannot always carry a bottle of water with them. With that being said, there are already companies that manufacture water filter straws. As the name denotes, they are straws that are capable of filtering out impurities from water.
Now, if you are looking for a good quality survival water straw we recommend that you check out our review below.
Survival Hax Water Filter Straw
- FILTER STRAW - Removes dirt and contaminants from rivers, lakes, ponds, creeks, mud puddles, and third world tap water.
- .1 MICRON PURIFIER - Eliminates 99.9999% of parasites and bacteria.
- WORKS WITH BOTTLES - This filter can screw directly onto to any standard 28mm water bottle.
- PORTABLE & LIGHT - Our personal purifier straw is 7.5 inches long and weighs less than ½ pound.
- Bonus Survival Gear - Your straw comes with a carabiner, signalling mirror, tourniquet / extension tube, bear whistle, and compass.
- Listed Weight: Three ounces
- Length: 7.5 inches
- Diameter: One inch
- Comes with a signaling mirror, a removable compass, a bear whistle, a carabiner, and an extension tube
- 0.1-micron filter that is made of hollow fiber membranes and activated coconut carbon
- Purifies up to 1500 liters or 450 gallons of water
- Material used is free of BPA and other harmful chemicals
- Comes with a lifetime guarantee
- Perfect for survival and outdoor activities
- Lightweight and compact
- Multipurpose and safe to use
- Compatible with water bottles that have a 28-millimeter opening
- Can eliminate 99.99% of impurities, bacteria, and parasites
- Does not require batteries or electricity
- Filters water from most sources including streams, rivers, and ponds
- Can be used without a bottle
- Extension tube can double as a tourniquet
- The manufacturer provides customer service
- Can be clipped on a backpack for easier access
- Easy to handle, carry around, store, and use
- Does not come with a backwasher
- Does not completely remove the bad taste of water
A Summary of what the Product Has to Offer
Survival Hax Water Filter Straw is small and lightweight so that you can easily store it in your backpack and emergency or survival kit. The materials used in making the filter are safe for human use because they are free of harmful chemicals. According to the manufacturer, you would be able to use this product for up to five years. In fact, they stand by the durability and quality of their product in that if you are having issues with it, you may contact them for a free replacement.
This product is integrated with a two-stage filtration system that allows you to have clean water wherever you go by removing even the tiniest microorganisms that are present in the water. This also ensures that no harmful chemicals will be added to your drinking water. What is even better is that you can use it in a couple of different ways. You may sip directly from the water source or screw the filter into a bottle. You may also use the extension tube if the water source you will be drinking from is too murky or deep.
However, you should not expect that the water will taste as good as the fresh water you consume in your house. Also, since it does not have a backwasher, you should clean it manually to help extend its lifespan. Nevertheless, this product comes with accessories that would be helpful at times when you are faced with the lack of safe fresh water in the fields, mountains, or forests.
Comparison with LifeStraw Personal Water Filter
Looking into other brands of a portable filter will be a smart move for any shopper. That is why we have considered comparing the Survival Hax Water Filter Straw with another similar product. As such, you can decide which one works better for your needs. With that said, let us now look into their similarities and differences.
The LifeStraw Personal Water Filter and Survival Hax Water Filter Straw are alike in a number of ways. Both products are able to remove 99.99% of bacteria and other microorganisms so that you can have safe drinking water. You can also sip directly from the water source and is equally useful for outdoor activities and survival situations. They can both also be clipped to your backpack without hassles. Likewise, they are both made of food-grade raw materials.
Although both filters are lightweight and small, LifeStraw is two ounces lighter and nine inches longer than the one from Survival Hax. This water filter also does not come with useful survival tools and an extension tube. Also, this product only uses a one-stage filtration system which is a hollow fiber membrane. In addition, the Survival Hax Water Filter Straw can be screwed to a standard bottle, whereas, LifeStraw can only be utilized as a straw. Further, this water filter can only purify up to 1000 liters of water as opposed to 1500.
Nonetheless, LifeStraw meets US EPA drinking water standards. Likewise, for every purchase of this product, the company provides a year of drinking water to a child from a developing country. In addition, it can be stored indefinitely even if it has been used while the one from Survival Hax has a shelf life of five years.
The Survival Hax Water Filter Straw is a lightweight, small, safe, and versatile product that would be a great addition to your bug out bag or survival kit. It is also great to bring when you are hiking, camping, backpacking or traveling to a place that you are not sure if there is a safe drinking water source. Although this product needs to be manually cleaned and has a five-year lifespan, the manufacturer offers a risk-free purchase. In addition, it is equipped with an efficient and reliable filter system.
Last update on 2018-09-25 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API